Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Summer Classes at MECC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Football_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Summer Classes at MECC

    I'm working on a degree in Administrative Support, today was my first day of summer classes at MECC. Anyone else working/worked on it before?

    Plus, the truth is I feel a little out of place up there-going back to school considering my daughter is graduating high school on Saturday.


  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    your never too young or old for any education.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    I had been married for several years and had 2 children when I went to college. The "out of place" feeling only lasted a few days. As MoonlightGraham said never too young or too old for an education. Go for it.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    Don't feel out of place. I work as a work-study in admissions up there... and there is just as many older people as there is young people.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    I had college classes with a 70-year-old lady. She completed her Bachelor's degree at that age "just for fun"
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Football_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    Hey,

    Were you up there today when I stopped in that department to talk to a friend of mine? My friends first name is Cathy.?? I was the cute fat lady. (he)

    Just wandering, I did briefly speak to a young lady there today when I chatted with my friend for a sec.
    Have a great one!

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    Were you the one talking about your daughters picture in the paper?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Football_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    yes, that was me. What a small world.

    You will have to tell Cathy about this. She will not believe it.

    nice to meet you (again)

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    I'm sure I'll see you around, but if I don't recognize you right off... please forgive me! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Summer Classes at MECC

    my g/f's mother is going back to finish her degree out from there and my mother is going back to college with me this year..I'll be a senior at UVA-Wise and I am always telling her she will graduate before I will...haha

    so don't feel out of place...oh yeah, I think my g/f's mother might be working on that same thing as well..I'll have to check and see

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •